Who is eligible to apply?
- Those currently residing in the United States and Canada are eligible to apply at this time.
- Applicant must demonstrate true financial need.
- All ages are eligible to apply.
When does the grant application open?
- Application opens Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM EST.
- Application closes Friday, June 12, 2020 at 11:59 AM EST.
- Decisions will be made in June 2020.
Mailing in your Application:
- We no longer accept mailed in applications.
- Grant recipients will receive up to $4,000 dollars to cover treatment costs with an ILADS trained physician. This includes MDs, DO's, as well as nurse practitioners and physician assistants. We do not provide funds to naturopathic physicians.
- Funds will be given directly to a ILADS trained physician, where they will discuss appropriate treatment options for you, or your child.
- If you, or your child, are currently seeing an ILADS trained physician, the funds can be sent directly to the current doctor you are seeing.
- If you, or your child, are not currently seeing a Lyme literate physician, we will work with you to find one in your area, or in the United States, via telemedicine, or in person. Travel expenses may be available depending on your circumstances.
- Grant recipients will be able to send the funds ONLY to a ILADS trained physician.
- Grant recipients must schedule an appointment with a Lyme disease physician within 30 days of receiving a grant. If an appointment is not made within 30 days, the grant funds may be given to another individual. Please note: The doctor's appointment can be at a later date, it just must be scheduled within 30 days of receiving a grant.
- Grant recipients will be notified via email and by phone, so when applying please provide us with an accurate email address and phone number.
- This application must be completed in one sitting. It may be best to save all files that you will be uploading on your desktop and then complete the application at a later time.
- The application will store your answers to the short answer and “yes” or “no” questions for 24 hours on the same browser. After that, the data you entered will be lost.
- We do not store or share any of your information.
- After grant decisions have been made, applications will be kept for one year and then will be deleted to ensure your information is protected. You will be able to reapply in the following year. You may also wish to keep files on your computer to be able to apply again more easily in the future, if need be.
- Some of the documents requested in the application are optional, however, the more information you can provide us with, as related to your tick-borne illness, the more likely you will receive a grant.
-We do not need medical records unrelated to your tick-borne illness diagnosis.
1. Canadian applicants must provide their T1 General Tax form for income verification purposes.
2. Canadian applicants must upload a physicians letter stating a diagnosis. This letter must be on an official doctor's letterhead with the physicians name and phone number. You may also upload a positive Lyme disease/tick-borne illness blood test in place of a physicians letter.
3. Upload any supplemental information, such as letters of support from family or members in your community who know you and your Lyme disease situation best.
1. Upload a photo.
Mailing in Supplemental Information:
- We will no longer be accepting mailed in applications, however, we will be accepting mailed in supplemental information, such as a physician's note.
- Supplemental information may be mailed to the address below:
Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc.
Attn. Grant Committee
102 N.E. 2nd Street Suite 907
Boca Raton, FL 33432
- All other grant related questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not email asking specific questions as to where the grant funds can go. Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc. will send grant funds ONLY to a ILADS trained physician.
- Due to a high number of emails being received, we may not be able to respond to your specific email.
Your generous gift will help those in need of Lyme disease and tick-borne illness treatment. Together, we can make a difference! Thank you for your donation.
All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Copyright © 2018 Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.