This application is for a Lyme disease treatment grant. See section below for who is eligible to apply and other FAQs.
This application will open on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 at 9:00 AM EST and will close on Friday, September 6th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
This application must be completed in one sitting. It may be best to save all files you will be uploading on your desktop and then complete the application at a later time.
If you are ready to apply, please read the grant information and FAQ's below before starting the application.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Only those currently residing in the U.S. are eligible to apply at this time.
- Applicant may only apply once per application period.
- Applicant must demonstrate true financial need.
- All ages are eligible to apply.
- You do not need to have a positive Lyme disease test to apply, but you must show "proof of illness". This can be a letter from a physician stating symptoms, how long you have been ill, etc., or you may also upload any blood test results, medical imaging, such as MRI, etc. showing a high likelihood of a tick-borne infection.
When does the grant application open and close?
- This application will open on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 at 9:00 AM EST and will close on Friday, September 6th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Grant decisions will be made in late September to early October, depending on how many applications we receive.
- Grant recipients will receive up to $4,000 dollars to cover treatment costs with an ILADS trained physician.
- Funds will be given directly to an ILADS trained physician, where they will discuss appropriate treatment options for you, or your child.
- All adult patients (16+) will be immediately connected with an ILADS trained physician and when the grants are given out, the treatment will start very quickly.
- We do not work with a pediatric ILADS trained physician, but we will work with you to find a doctor for your child.
- If you are currently seeing an ILADS trained physician, the funds can be sent directly to the current doctor you are seeing.
- Grant recipients will be able to send the funds ONLY to a ILADS trained physician.
- We do not store or share any of your information.
- After grant decisions have been made, applications will be deleted to ensure your information is protected. You may also wish to keep files on your computer to be able to apply again more easily in the future, if need be.
- Some of the documents requested in the application are optional, however, the more information you can provide us with, the more likely you will receive a grant.
- This application must be completed in one sitting. It may be best to save all files you will be uploading on your desktop and then complete the application at a later time.
- The application will store your answers to the short answer and “yes” or “no” questions for 24 hours on the same browser. After that, the data you entered will be lost.
Mail in Application:
- You may also print out the application and mail it in with all other supplemental information to the address below. Once we receive your application, you will be notified via email.
Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc.
Attn. Grant Committee
102 N.E. 2nd Street Suite 907
Boca Raton, FL 33432
- All other grant related questions can be directed to: email@example.com
- Please do not email asking specific questions as to where the grant funds can go. Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc. will send grant funds ONLY to a ILADS trained physician.
- Due to high number of emails being received, it may take a longer time to get back to you.
Your generous gift will help those in need of Lyme disease and tick-borne illness treatment. Together, we can make a difference! Thank you for your donation.
All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Copyright © 2018 Lyme Treatment Foundation, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.